Friendship day 2017 is nearing and we all would be thinking about the gifts. If you check the history we can see that the celebration of friendship day started from 1919 even though the official proposal for an international friendship day was made in 1958.
Even though the date is different in many countries most of them celebrate it on 30th July and other countries celebrate it on first Sunday of August. Friends are the persons who are ready to be with us through our ups and downs. There are many beautiful friendship quotes and below are some from the famous persons.
- The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it – by Hubert H Humphrey an American politician
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the night – by Helen Keller the famous writer who was deaf and blind.
- The strong bond of friendship is not always a balanced equation; friendship is not always about giving and taking in equal shares. Instead, friendship is grounded in a feeling that you know exactly who will be there for you when you need something, no matter what and when – by Simon Sinek an author and motivational speaker.
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out –by Walter Winchell an American commentator.
- Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in; continue firm & constant- by Socrates the philosopher.
- A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails – by Donna Roberts.
- Our friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you –by Elbert Hubard an American writer and philosopher.
- Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life – author unknown.
- A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down – by Arnold H. Glasowa famous thinker and owner of a humor magazine.
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart – by Elisabeth Foley a legal theorist from America.